Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Taking a break from blogging to concentrate on WIP

   My New Year's Resolution was to keep all my plates spinning, but if I kept that resolution, I would not be able to meet my goal of completing my work-in-progress, the sequel to Delroy and the Marog Princess, by the end of June. Hence my blog is the first plate to drop. I don't plan to write any more posts until July. However, if something relevant to my blog should grab my attention, I would consider it.
   I still make my weekly visit to Chetwood, helping eight grade two students with reading. I'm delighted that Mrs. Amoy Virgo is also volunteering her time to assist them, so they now have two days a week. If anybody else reading this would like to volunteer, please let me know. As with all teaching, a certain amount of time has to be spent on preparation. All children need individual attention when learning to read. Because many parents can't help them, more volunteers are needed. 
   I will keep you informed of my activities via Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: